In Memory of Giovanni Cipriano



Giovanni Cipriano, a 14-year-old student at Holy Trinity Diocesan High School and formerly at Lawrence Public Schools, died Friday as a result of a massive allergic reaction. Three weeks ago, after accidentally eating something containing peanuts, according to a Facebook page dedicated to him, his heart stopped for 12 minutes, and a loss of oxygen caused brain damage, but doctors were able to resuscitate him. He spent weeks in a coma. He was the son of Georgina Cornago, a former teacher assistant at Number Five School, and brother of Gianna Cipriano, a member of the Lawrence High School Graduate Class of 2012. The Inwood Buccaneers and HAFTR basketball team had planned to hold a charity event on Nov. 6 to raise money for Giovanni’s family. (Patch will keep you updated on this event.) A wake for Giovanni will be held at Flinch & Bruns Funeral Home, located at 34 Hempstead Ave. in Lynbrook, on Monday from 7 to 9 p.m. and Tuesday from 2 to 4 p.m. and 7 to 9 p.m. A funeral mass will be held at Our Lady of Peace Roman Catholic Church, located at 25 Fowler Ave. in Lynbrook, on Wednesday at 9:30 a.m. The facebook page dedicated to Giovanni Cipriano is https://www.facebook.com/groups/1417013271848840/

#GiovanniCipriano #foodallergydeath #foodallergies #peanutallergies

  • Facebook Clean Grey
  • Twitter Clean Grey

© 2004-2021 by Food Allergy Zone - A Division of The Best Ever You Network